Saturday 21 January 2012

Cage fighter Gavin Davies from Neath scoops £1m

 

A professional cage fighter from south Wales has been revealed as a mystery £1m EuroMillions lottery winner. Gavin Davies, 29, from Cimla, Neath, will spend a chunk of the winnings on his dream car - a £200,000 Lamborghini Spyder. The father-of-one hit the jackpot two weeks ago but failed to realise after forgetting to check his ticket. Mr Davies, who nearly died in a motorcycle crash six years ago, says the win has come at the right time. Continue reading the main story “ Start Quote I always knew I would win the lottery one day, and now my dreams have come true” Gavin Davies Mr Davies, who lives with his partner and month-old-son, bought four tickets for the EuroMillions draw on Tuesday 27 December but had forgotten to check the EuroMillions Millionaire Raffle numbers on each ticket. It was only after his grandparents urged him to check his numbers last Friday that he realised he held the winning ticket. The former martial arts teacher said: "I was feeding our newborn son, and as soon as I had got him to sleep, I decided to go out to the car to get my tickets which I had been keeping in the glove compartment.

0 comments: